« Home

Heroes Hiatus

I'm suffering a bit of blogger burnout and my outrage meter is hitting critical levels. So I think it's time I take a breather for the next day or so to get my bearings back. In the meantime...

Last November, when NBC premiered its new hit series Heroes, I thought it would be another weak attempt to cash in on the superhero craze hitting tinsel town as of late. Little did I know how wrong I was. After the show had been on the air a few weeks, I finally decided to see what the buzz was about. Needless to say, I was hooked. I horded the existing episodes, which at that time numbered about eight I think. I got through the first five when I realized I only had a few left. The serial nature of the show had me begging for more and I couldn't stand the thought of having to wait week after week to see what next awaited our intrepid heroes. So I suppressed by inner geek and bided my time until the first season had run its course. I avoided NBC on Monday nights and any reference to the show in the blogosphere like the plague, fearful of catching a glimpse of a jaw dropping revelation to which I had not been privy to.

Season one of the series ended in late May and I have now finally procured all 23 episodes. So now I will indulge in a bit of escapist fair to a world where people can fly, travel through time and saving a cheerleader means saving the world.

If only real life were that simple.

(Filed at State of the Day)