« Home

In Which I Eat Humble Pie

Most people don't like being wrong, but when it comes to my belief that the filibuster of the FISA bill debated before the Senate yesterday wouldn't matter, I'm gladly having a heaping helping of humble pie with my late night meal. Dodd's threat of a genuine, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington-style filibuster, succeeded in staving off the much expected cave.

While jubilation is warranted, the battle is not over. Even Dodd, who along with his fellow compatriots deserve praise for their efforts, recognizes this is only a temporary stay of execution. The bill has been tabled until after the first of the new year and by then the supposed deadline for passing some sort of bill will be even more immense and the Bushies will pull out all the stops to get their dictates enacted.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some pie to finish.

(Filed at State of the Day and All Spin Zone)

Me, not you that you have in your house or computer but in mine it seems the house of the night of the alive deads, as Spanish citizen I defend my rights and my interests, but not you well that I should share. In the first place me I thank the interest of the citizenship for my state personal psico but, I believe that it is convenient that at they are looked but that to myself. I don't care the topic of the immigration but like one knows, abuse of the superior intellect is not owed that have cirto type of individuals that quote its personal diplomaturas.
And it is one shame have to expose that I even live with my parents to high age.

Post a Comment