« Home

Not surprised

Well I just learned the outcome of today's vote by the Senate Intelligence Committee. I am not surprised. I realized a long time ago that as long as Republicans control the Congress they will never choose to investigate a Republican president, and Bush in particular. It would seem there is nothing President Bush can do that Republicans will not cover up for him.

And sadly, I had this nagging feeling that even if a vote for investigations was cast, it would simply turn into another Phase II debacle. There is still a chance some action may be taken (perhaps in the form of withholding funds for the program) or legal action. I heard that Gonzales may be called before the Judiciary Committee to testify again. One wonders if he will actually be sworn in this time so that he can't issue another 'clarification' letter.

Glenn has a nice followup on the outcome of the vote here.