« Home

Specter: Clueless

Here are a few reactions to Sen. Arlen Specter's op-ed where he proves that not only is he toothless, but clueless as well.

Anonymous Liberal: "Arlen Specter Displays His Near Total Ignorance of Basic Constitutional Law."

Creature: "I have an idea. Call me crazy, but maybe the president should have followed the FISA law in the first place."

Glenn: "What Specter's Op-Ed actually does is provide a powerful reflection of the extent to which the Congress has been reduced to an empty, symbolic vessel which is permitted to act only to the extent it retroactively endorses the President's conduct."

Mustang Bobby
: "In the end, Sen. Specter says, hey, whatever they want is fine with me.
In my opinion, it is intolerable to let this matter drift indefinitely. If someone has a better idea for legislation that would resolve the program's legality or can negotiate a better compromise with the president, I will be glad to listen.

Which is a polite way of saying to the White House, "I'm your bitch."

It's times like these that I am embarrassed to be from Pennsylvania. Senator Specter, you just lost my vote for good.

Post a Comment