« Home

Rescue Rudy

Y'know, when Mitt Romney earlier this week tried to suggest some sort of equivalence of his son's trying to get him elected with that of members of the Armed Services, I thought that was bad.

This is worse.

In Ohio on Thursday, Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani R-NY handed his critics new ammunition regarding his role surrounding 9/11.

Speaking to reporters in Cincinnati, Giuliani said: "I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. ... I was there working with them. I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I'm one of them."

As Carpetbagger says "There’s chutzpah and then there’s chutzpah." I wonder if the fumes that were wafting around Ground Zero haven't gone to Rudy's head. And speaking of which, when will Rescue Rudy be registering for federal assistance for all the health problems he's suffered as a result of all that time spent there? Maybe he's hoping if he gets elected, he'll finally get some of that government sponsored healthcare he so likes to decry.

Update: Reactions via Meme, which needless to say, arent' exactly glorying.

(Filed at State of the Day)